Monday, May 14, 2012

28 Weeks

I can't believe our little girl has been growing for over 7 months now!
Third trimester begins Friday, and I've got to say, I have mixed feelings.
Part of me can't believe we are already another month closer to meeting our precious little one, 
while the other part of me can't believe my belly still has almost three more months of growing!
It feels so big already, I can't imagine it getting any bigger-
I am definitely in for an interesting next couple of months.


Happenings since week 24:

1. She has started moving quite regularly now. 
Sometimes if I don't feel her for a bit I'll give her a little poke or two. 
I get kicks and punches way down below my belly button as well as way up right below my ribs. 
It is crazy that her little home is so big now! 
We can see most of her movements now, and it is the sweetest thing in the world. 
My absolute favorite thing right now is to lay on the couch, 
and feel and watch her do all sorts of kicks and flips. 
Sometimes she will have a couple random, super strong kicks or punches that completely startle me. 
She definitely likes to wake me up at night.
 But it is impossible to get the slightest bit annoyed-
the feeling of life inside of me is so incredible beyond words.

2. Lately I have been craving carbs, especially watermelon and english muffins with peanut butter.
Most days fruits and grains are the only things I feel like eating. 
So it has definitely been a struggle to get in enough protein.

3. We finished painting the nursery, changing table and dresser. 
Now we only need to pick up the crib and rug from IKEA, make the ottoman and finish the decorations.
I can't wait until the nursery is all ready to go!

4. We have started reading some marriage, parenting and baby books.
It has been lots of fun learning and discussing with each other.

5. One of my new favorite things is Coconut Oil.
I ran out of my current belly butter this month, so I decided to try something new, and I am glad I did.
Coconut Oil is so creamy and rich, plus the subtle coconut smell is divine.
I had found a tiny stretch mark on each of my lower sides so I started using this,
and I swear they are already fading!
I also use this as lotion every day and my skin feels so soft.
I buy mine at Trader Joe's- it's organic, virgin and cheap.
Go out and try it for yourself.
 Here are a bunch of other uses for this great product.

6. Seth has really taken to talking to our little gal.
He loves to rub my belly and make sweet little conversation with her.
It is so crazy how much we already can't imagine life without her.
We haven't even met her yet, and we already have so many hopes and dreams for her.
It's pretty incredible how much love we already have for this sweet little bundle.

-Sharon

2 comments:

  1. wow i LOVE that picture, super cute!

    xo, adropofbliss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon, you are so amazing! I love that you are doing this blog and I know someday your daughter will love to read this as well. I love the pic and the pregnancy updates :). I am going to try coconut oil! I love all the uses for it too!
    -Tabitha

    ReplyDelete