Monday, July 9, 2012

36 Weeks

Baby N is full-term on Friday and we are dying to meet her!

I thought I knew what a big belly looked and felt like at 32 weeks, but it never ceases to surprise me at how much bigger it can grow! It will be interesting to see how much bigger it gets until she arrives.

Throughout this pregnancy I have been constantly amazed at how God created a woman's body to change and grow in order to carry a little miracle. As I sit through our birthing class and read about labor and birth, I have so much awe for how beautifully designed the female body is to carry out pregnancy, labor and birth. It is such an intricate and miraculous process, it is a wonder there are still people out there that believe we were created by chance.

Happenings since week 32:

-I had my shower. My cousins, Rachel and Anna, threw it, and could not have done a better job. Everything was circus themed-lots of little gold animals and hot air balloons. It was a great time with friends and family. Seth and I had fun looking through and putting together all the little goodies we got for baby.

-We have washed all of her tiny little clothes. The baby detergent smells so much like, well, a baby. I love it!

-We sat through our first fireworks show as a little family. Either she was scared or super excited because she gave me some of her biggest kicks yet. 

-We have dug into some great books. I know nothing can fully prepare us for parenthood, but it has been great reading together. Our favorite by far has been Preparation for Parenting by Gary and Anne Marie Ezzo. It was my mom's from when she first became a parent, and it is full of knowledge. Definitely an oldie but a goodie.

-We are full swing into cleaning out and organizing our little house. It feels so good once each room is de-cluttered and orderly. Just a few more closets to go!

-We had our hospital tour. I've noticed that each little thing we do in preparation makes this whole experience seem that much more real. I literally did not sleep an ounce last night-I was too busy envisioning labor, trying to imagine what it will be like to see her for the first time, and racking my brain for what remains on our to-do list.

Maybe next time I'll be posting about our little bundle!


No comments:

Post a Comment