Friday, August 3, 2012

40 Weeks and the Nursery

I have made it to 40 weeks. It's all about patience and trying to get comfortable from here on out.

 I guess it's about time to document the nursery. We were working with such a small room, so there wasn't much to do really, but it was fun being creative (well trying, anyway) and using what we already had on hand. I wanted the room to be in wood tones and white tones. Here is some of my inspiration.

Basically my color palette for the room-I love how wood and white look together.

Curtains and curtain rod.

White, drapey mobile.

Wooden ladder.

A little girly touch with doilies and wooden embroidery hoops.

I wanted to make some arrows and incorporate somehow. 

After I gathered some inspiration, I searched our house high and low in hopes of finding past decorations (from Christmas, showers I had thrown, our wedding, etc.) that I could use instead of having to buy things.

And this is what I came up with.
My dear friend, Dani, helped my build the branch chandelier. Seth built the side table for me, and also hung the curtains using sticks as rods (apparently it is much more difficult than using a regular curtain rod-needless to say, I very much appreciate his hard work). He was also going to build the ottoman, but decided it'd be easiest to just buy one. I wanted all of our main furniture pieces to be in neutral and wood tones-that way they can be reused in a boys nursery (that is if we are blessed with a boy next time) or elsewhere in the house over time.





Just waiting on Baby N.

1 comment: