Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Finally!



I just got engaged last night to the wonderful Seth Roger Rhodes! I am too excited for words! Exclamation marks are once again going to be out of control. I literally have a ridiculous smile across my entire face as i write (hopefully my roommate Jordan doesn't look over or I'll look so silly). Today has been all about staring at my finger in shock and utter glee. I was caught completely off-guard (thanks to my tricky roommates and fiance), and I is still so unreal! Yes yes, I will tell you how he proposed.

So last night, February 9th, 2010, started off to be a regular night with Seth. He had come over to my apartment so we could make dinner together. We do this quite often so, of course, I was not having any suspicions. I was not having any suspicions in general due to the fact that we have been waiting for three years for my dad to say yes. Seth had told me just that day he was meeting with my dad later this week to get the updated low-down. I didn't even know he had bought a ring. Anyhow, we made our delicious dinner, made our delicious dessert, did the dishes, experimented with my juicer and then just sat around.

After a while he said he had lots of homework he still had to do so he was heading out. I still was not suspicious-Seth is always getting a head start on homework, and he is not a late-night person. A few minutes later sneaky little Jordan told me she thought she heard someone throwing things at my window. She looked concerned, so I still was not suspicious. Once I opened my curtains Seth was on one knee and he asked me to marry him. I turned around and Jordan was standing there photographing me. I was absolutely shocked I had to ask Jordan if he was actually serious.

I still cannot believe my dad said yes, and I can now call my boyfriend my fiance! Stay tuned to wedding planning updates-we are planning for the end of this summer, which gives us lots to be done so soon.

Still smiling,

The new fiance of Seth Roger Rhodes

4 comments:

  1. hmm..i think this might be my favorite post of yours so far. :) soo excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Sharon and Seth! I'm so happy and excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete