Sunday, April 29, 2012

Gardening: Part 1

Seth and I decided it was time to start a garden since we are finally in a house.
We both don't have a lot of experience, but are having a lot of fun working together.
Our goal has been to spend as little money as possible, and we are doing great!
All of our tools and pots are leftovers from Seth's mom, so we only had to buy soil and plants.
We may not have the nicest tools or cutest pots, but we are so excited to see our plants grow and find ways to use them.

I found an article (found here) about how to grow your own healing herbs, and decided to try out a few. If I am successful, I will definitely be trying lots more!

Perennial lavender-I am probably most excited about this one, especially since I get to enjoy it year after year. 

Peppermint and lemon balm.

We decided to plant a few pots of flowers since our front yard looks pretty boring.

More flowers.

And of course some spinach. Can't wait to enjoy this in a nice summer salad or a green smoothie.

Next up is the actual garden bed-I am a little nervous for this one considering we have lots of rabbits hanging out in our yard.
But, I've found some easy homemade tips on rabbit-proofing a vegetable garden so we shouldn't have too big of a problem.

I think this is going to become one of my favorite hobbies!

Sharon


No comments:

Post a Comment