Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Soup Traditions

I know I told everyone that I was going to start cooking with Julia, 
but this week I took the easy way out and whipped up some Betty Crocker dinners.  
Seth and I have become soup lovers. 
We even have our own little system. 
It starts the minute we walk in the door from school and work.
He hurries me into the kitchen, getting excited as our kitchen fills with wonderful fragrances.
We then sit down next to each other, enjoying the warmth of each sip (more like slurp for Seth).
It is silent except for-
sniff........"I missed you today"......sniff, sniff....."I missed you too".....sniff, sniff, sniff......"Mmmm, this is tasty"....."I know, right?"........sniff, sniff, sniff......sniff, sniff........
We catch ourselves giggling over how silly we must look-the warm soup always makes our noses so runny!
Anyways, enough of how weird we are.  
This post is about how I think it would be fun, since I'm going to school for Culinology, to share all the happenings in my kitchen. 
I know, I know, it's dorky, but I love it.
 Here are the soups we enjoyed this week:
 They each took less than 30 minutes to prepare, yet were bursting with their own delicious flavors!
(I forgot to take pictures of the ones I made, so enjoy the pictures from Betty Crocker)

 Chili-Mac Soup

 Cheesy Lasagna Soup

 Asian Chicken Noodle Soup

Tortellini and Bean Soup

Until our next dinner,

Mrs. Rhodes







6 comments:

  1. I've decided that we are going to have dinner parties at LEAST once every two months. We can trade off and then play games after :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've decided that you and your ideas are genius :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM. I love how Betty Crocker is the "easy way" for you when most of my meals consist of boiling water for noodles or throwing salad in a bowl :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. um....how did we get the same background? lol i changed mine like a week ago and i swear yours was birds! embarrassing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha I can't get the birds off of mine! It's just the template over the grey, but I've had this one for a few months. It's okay, it just shows we have good taste :) haha

    ReplyDelete