Friday, February 17, 2012

Little Baby Rhodes

Well hello, blogging world-it has been a very long time!
I finally worked up the time and energy to get back to blogging, and start documenting my pregnancy.
Being pregnant is probably one of the most amazing things I have experienced-and I haven't even reached the best parts yet!
It is such a miracle that God is creating life in my belly right this minute.
I am constantly amazed and awed at this wonderful blessing.
Four months down, and I am starting to feel like my normal self.
The first couple of months were an adjustment-morning sickness was a huge understatement.
But, with the help of my patient, loving husband I persevered-praising God the whole way through; 
because, those unpleasant symptoms were simply signs of a healthy little babe.

We had our first ultrasound last week-
we were supposed to have it at 20 weeks, but my doctor thought my uterus felt big. 
She said she couldn't feel the top of it due to my toned abs (I thought she was joking at first, but joyfully relished the unexpected compliment!), 
but said there was a possibility I was either further along or having twins!
I was secretly hoping one of those options was true, but to my dismay baby was right on track-weighing 4 ounces and healthy as could be.
So, then I just felt huge and bloated for only being 16 weeks.

But that was soon forgotten the minute we saw our little babe on that screen.
It was such a squirmy little bundle of cuteness!
We got to see it kick and stretch-we even caught it arching its back, raising its tiny arms above its head and yawning!
 I teared up as it really really really sank in-there is a tiny little bundle of joy in my belly!
I never wanted to take my eyes off of that screen-I can't even imagine how amazing it will be once we actually get to hold this little babe!
I have had so much fun feeling it squirm about. 
I feel the most flutters when I am resting quietly-looking forward to the real kicks and punches!

I apologize if I bored anyone with my wordiness-I just cannot contain my love for this child, and I don't care who knows it!

Until next time,

-Grateful Momma

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing to see baby on the screen?! It makes it so real even though it seems so impossible! Enjoy those kicks while they aren't to the ribs! You are going to be a great momma. Glad you are feeling better. Can't wait to hear if it's a girly or a boy!

    ReplyDelete