Saturday, August 27, 2011

New Favorite Iced Coffee

I have always preferred my coffee/espresso cold, so finding this recipe made my day.
I found the recipe here at amy-newnostalgia.blogspot.com. 
But first, let's talk about my new favorite way to make coffee-the cold brew method.
First I grind some of my beans. I always buy whole beans instead of ground coffee, because I like to grind it fresh for each use. And, I use Decaf Major Dickinson's. It is a flavor of Peet's coffee, by far the best coffee I've ever tasted. There isn't a Peet's Coffee in the midwest, but Great Harvest Bread Company does sell it for retail.

Next, I put 6 scoops of coffee grounds into my french press and then fill it up with COLD water.
I let it sit up to 24 hours in the fridge. 

Then I press it...

...and pour myself a cup. 
My french press makes about four cups of coffee, so this lasts me four drinks.

Next I add some Dark Chocolate Almond Milk. 
It is SO rich and creamy, and of course chocolatey!

I add a little less than one cup-I like my coffee strong.

For added creaminess, and only a few extra calories, I like to top it off with some whipped cream.
It is such a tasty treat! 

Quick alternative:
If I do not want to wait overnight, and I have already used up the iced coffee, I just pull three shots with my sweet espresso machine right over a cup of ice. You could also just make a cup of coffee and pour it over ice. It works just as well, but I suggest making ice cubes out of coffee because regular ice cubes water down the coffee. And, no one like watered-down coffee.

How do you like your coffee?

3 comments:

  1. I found you blog through Vita Verandan :)

    My favourite coffee: Raw milk with instant coffee powder in my blender. A dash of agave syrup mixed in too. Yum :)

    Greetings from Australia♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to make this for my hubby... he loves cold coffee! We are vegans so I'll to veganize it (not a word, I realize), but I'm sure it'll be just as delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make an ice coffee similar to this! So yummy. Cute blog too, love it!!
    x

    ReplyDelete