Tuesday, May 25, 2010

IT'S A BRAND NEW DAY

Time flew and before I knew it I hadn't blogged for five days! But I'm pretty sure I can find five things to blog about.

I was just given a new ipod this week. My ipod was on the verge of crashing. It had been showing signs for about a year now. I was so excited to start fresh with my new ipod.
My dying one has songs all the way from freshmen year in high school. That is six years of music. About 6000 songs. On a daily basis, I only enjoy listening to about 500 of those. I felt like I was trying to sift through a huge pile of junk every time I tried finding the perfect tune. It was so overwhelming; so much I was never going to sort through it all.
So when I got my new one, I didn't even want to add a single song. For one entire day I relished in the clean slate I had before me.
I wish I would have been able to start completely fresh. To have been able to buy all new songs. My wishes normally don't come true, but my loving brother, Tim, came pretty close. Him and his downloading skills saved the day.
I am proud to say I am an owner of an ipod with only 708 songs. I can peacefully put it on shuffle and listen through without skipping a single song. I cannot remember the last time I was able to do that!

Current favorite 'chill' album-
Festival-Sigur Ros

1 comment: