Tuesday, May 25, 2010

ITS A SLOW FADE

Ironically, what is on my mind today is what this verse about me is about. Lately I have been noticing the lack of joy within myself. I have been noticing much more complaining, and a lot less praising. When I say lately I mean the past year. But today, I really recognized it, and I wanted to take the time and analyze it, hoping to find the source.
Today I found the source.
I want to take you through my thought process before I realized what has been soaking up my joy. I grew up a joyful child. I would never let a thing bother me. God made me with the ability to constantly find the silver lining in every single little thing. On each sports team in junior high I was known as the positive, hard worker. I wouldn't let anyone get down on anyone. I was sure that a positive outlook would overcome any problem.
That was how I lived. I let God's joy shine through me, shining out all negative.
I cannot remember a specific moment my joy dwindled. But as I look back now I realized what was dwindling my joy.
The world.
Piece by piece, the world, and all the sin in it, was taking over my joy. I was losing my ability to see the silver lining in every situation. I was easily bummed. I easily felt negatively about myself. I easily was unsatisfied with what I had. I easily complained.
I am easily bummed. I do easily feel negatively about myself. I am easily unsatisfied with what I have. I easily complain.
My joy is being taking away from me, and I can feel God telling me to get it back.
And I want it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment