Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Grilled Chicken

When I know I am going to be in a time crunch, or I don't really want to worry about dinner, I move a couple chicken breasts from the freezer over to the fridge in the morning so I can come home to some defrosted chicken, ready for cookin'.

I have been finding myself doing that a lot lately, but I don't think Seth or I really mind.

Summertime means grill-time in our family.
I always make extra protein and veggies so we have easy leftovers for lunch the next day.

We have learned that basting is the key to a successful grilled chicken breast.
I wanted a Spanish flavor to this dish, so my baste consisted of-lime juice, garlic, salt, cumin, cayenne pepper and vegetable oil.

I whipped up a box of Spanish rice to pair with our grilled chicken, tomatoes, and onions.

Close-up of the finished product.
Grilled ambrosia tomatoes and white onions are my new favorite food.
The onions become so sweet once grilled and the tomatoes burst with flavor and juice.
I find myself adding them to almost every meal for that extra 'ummph.'

Of course I ended up smothering my meal in cilantro-I am seriously in love with this herb!
Needless to say, it is one of the few things my husband very much dislikes. 
His taste buds' loss. :)











No comments:

Post a Comment