Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Something New

I tried out a few new things for dinner tonight.
I made salt and vinegar baked chicken thighs, brussel sprouts and rice pilaf. 
Basically, I just marinaded the thighs in vinegar, vegetable oil, and poultry seasoning then baked it in the oven.
I broiled them for the last five minutes to make the skin nice and crispy.

Next I made a balsamic vinegar reduction with garlic and onions for the brussel sprouts.
Then I simmered the sprouts in the reduction with some chicken stock.

The chicken didn't turn out to be our favorite-Seth wasn't too excited about the flavor.
But we really liked the brussel sprouts and rice pilaf.
I just whipped up the pilaf from a box-sometimes I opt for convenience.

We don't want to forget about my delicious glass of White Zinfandel!
It probably was not the 'correct' choice for this meal, but I enjoy sweet wine.
See ya next time I'm in the kitchen!


1 comment:

  1. I think that brussels and rice sound amazing! Now if only I could get my hubby to like brussels... :)

    ReplyDelete