Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Grilled Salmon with Tomato-Peach Salsa

This recipe is on the front cover of my latest Cooking Light Magazine, and before I even opened it up I knew I just had to cook this.
Cooking Light does not disappoint-it was such a light, fresh meal!
 I was in charge of all the prep work-Seth is still learning his way around the kitchen.
This is the tomato-peach salsa all prepped-a peeled peach, quartered ambrosia tomatoes (they're a slightly larger, but a lot yummier version of cherry tomatoes), basil, mint, shallots (I substituted these for red onion-I prefer their more subtle taste), jalapeno pepper, garlic, lemon juice, extra-virgin olive oil, honey, salt and pepper.

 While I was busy prepping, my husband was busy grilling away. We like to use a simple baste of olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper to make sure the fish stays moist.

Doesn't this color-combo read 'summer' all over it?!?

Finished masterpiece.

I was craving mashed potatoes, and Seth loves asparagus, so we added to the menu.

One of my husband's favorite jobs in the kitchen-mashing the potatoes.
I think its mainly because spuds are very high up there on his 'favorite foods' lists and the sooner they get mashed, the sooner he gets to enjoy.
He likes to use oven mitts to protect himself from the steam.
For some reason, husbands are not a big fan of the heat from an oven.
Those mitts are his best friends in the kitchen-besides me, of course. :)

1 comment:

  1. Look at you!! These all look so good. I can't wait until we get our grill!

    ReplyDelete