Sunday, August 21, 2011

A Few of my Favorite Summer Things

Wine and strawberry date with one of my good friends, Ashley.

New favorite dessert-frozen grapes.

The more they sit out, the more frosty they get.

Green Smoothies 
(I added too many dark colored berries this time for mine to actually turn green).

Basically a green smoothie is any sort of green vegetable plus anything else you like.
This time I added frozen berries and peaches.

And a frozen banana-it helps make the smoothie creamy.
I freeze the banana whole then rinse it in warm water to peel easily.

Fresh pineapple.

Fresh blueberries.

Spinach-lots and lots of it.

Enough water to bring everything together.
If I have carrot juice on hand I like to add that instead of water.


Agave nectar is a good sweetener. 
I do not normally think it needs to be sweetened, but others might like to add a little.

I first like to mix the fruit and liquid together.

I love fruit!

All blended up.

Time for the spinach. 
The smoothie can absorb much more spinach than you would think.
I ended up using the entire box for this smoothie.
Of course the smoothie did make about four servings.

The dark color of all the berries kept the spinach from turning the smoothie a pretty green color.

These smoothies are a great way to get in the recommended fruits and vegetables.
I like to experiment with the ingredients-
I have used avocados, soybeans, and lettuce as my green vegetable,
and I normally just add whatever fruit I have on hand.
 What are your favorite summer things?
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment