Monday, August 8, 2011

Summer Birthdays

Seth and I both celebrated our 21st birthday this summer.
I love birthdays because they equal great family time.
We always have something to laugh about, and laughter is one of my favorite things.

Mom made me a Peach Pecan Pie out of my Bon Apetit Desserts cookbook for my birthday.
It was delicious with a scoop of Vanilla Bean Ice Cream from Trader Joe's.

Apparently there was something funny when I was blowing the candles out.

Mom snuggled on the couch with some of her handsome boys during present time.

Some of Seth's favorite things (except his lovely wife of course) include:
Cinnamon Bundt Cake
Vanilla Cake with Vanilla Icing
His best buds
X-box
Boulevard Beer

So I planned a birthday evening for him involving each one of those things.

Cinnamon Bundt Cake

 Close-up of all the delicious gooey-ness.

The vanilla cakes getting ready to be put in the oven.

Vanilla Butter cream icing.

Chocolate Ganache.
Seth agreed to adding a layer of chocolate to his cake! 
I was ecstatic to change it up from his usual Vanilla Cake with Vanilla Icing.
So I made up my own version of the cake-
cut each cake in half and layered with butter cream and ganache.

First layer-looking good so far!

First ganache layer.

Second cake layer.

First butter cream layer.

Third cake layer.

Second ganache layer.

Last cake layer-looking a little crooked; but, hey, it's my first go at this many layer thing.

 All finished-I like when the icing looks homespun.

I also like my simple glass cake stand. :)

Trust me-it tasted much better than it looks. 
Here's to another great year together!

No comments:

Post a Comment