Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Boys Night

One of the nights this past week we had Seth's good friend, Cole, over for dinner.
We have a little deal going on-he comes over to help me with my Chemistry, and I cook him a yummy dinner with the possibility of watching/playing sports with Seth.
That night I made chicken fajitas and they were a hit!
I marinaded the chicken and bell peppers/onions overnight (separately of course!) in a mixture of dark Mexican beer (yes, my dad had to buy it for me), soy sauce, lime juice, canola oil, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic.
It smelled so delicious!

We had to grill the chicken inside this time (chicken looks so weird!).

We made a huge spread with lots of condiments.

Earlier that afternoon I had tried out a very interesting recipe.
I have been trying to eat more vegetables because I know I am sufficiently lacking all the nutrients vegetables give. So I was excited when I came across this idea-Kale Chips!
Kale is a leafy green vegetable, and is jammed packed with lots of antioxidants/vitamins.
Unfortunately, it is not the most tasty, so the idea of tossing it in olive oil and salt and pepper and baking it until crispy sounded amazing. 
I was a little nervous when the house started smelling like poop (literally!), but I deem this experiment successful when I found out that my husband liked them (he is a very picky eater, especially when it comes to healthy snacks).



Don't be fooled by appearances-it is actually a nice, light, crispy snack.
Plus, it feels so good to know I'm filling my body with great antioxidants.
I dare you to give it a try!

2 comments:

  1. This all looks so good. And I know if Seth likes it, I probably will! I'll have to give it a try sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gonna give this a try! Looks absolutely delish.

    ReplyDelete