Thursday, February 3, 2011

Breakfast and Dessert

Today was a simple day-it mainly consisted of studying for my Chemistry Exam.
I am not a fan of Chemistry in the least, so I distracted myself with a couple tasty treats.
Yesterday I found lots and lots of smoothie recipes-from the February Real Simple magazine, and also from the Whole Living Action Plan that Jordan told me about.
So I decided to try the Blackberry-Cinnamon Smoothie- it was one of the few that I already had all of the ingredients for.
It was a refreshing way to start off my day. The sweet blackberries mixed wonderfully with the hint of cinnamon-plus I was getting lots of protein from the Greek yogurt I used.

Tonight I decided to try out some No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls I found on one of my favorite blogs-Iowa Girl Eats.
They turned out as delicious as hers looked.  I could only eat one, they were so rich! 
I think these are my new favorite thing. 
I got excited thinking about all the other ingredients I can make them with.

Well, I better get back to studying for my Spanish test tomorrow. 
But, I have not forgotten about cooking with Julia Child!
My first recipe will be coming up this week.
Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh that smoothie looks like something I would actually try!

    ReplyDelete