Thursday, March 4, 2010

Decision

The wedding planning is in full swing, and the movies are wrong! Wedding planning is not all fun and dandy. It is super super stressful. Because of my short engagement I basically have to have everything planned this month, well actually a month ago. I have booked my venues for the ceremony and reception. I have plans to take our engagement pictures. I have mom researching caterers. I have family and friends researching a jazz band. I am still trying to find a photographer who will capture my style.

My biggest stress right now is deciding on the dress. I cannot decide between two dresses. One is online at jcrew.com so I have not been able to try it on yet. The other one is not the typical wedding dress, but I feel great in it. So I'm going to see if mom wants to take a road trip to Chicago to try on the jcrew dress. Otherwise I will probably go with the other one.

Despite all the hard decisions and disagreements, I really am having a lot of fun. Whenever I have been planning, brainstorming, discussing, thinking, and all the other things engagements involve, I always have this special moment. I always have my little moment of sheer excitement, where I cannot stop smiling. After being engaged for almost a month now, I still cannot believe this is all happening. I sound cliche, but just wait until it happens to you. All of the stress is one hundred percent worth it. What I have prayed for, wished for, and longed for for four entire years is finally happening this very moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment