Sunday, March 7, 2010

Why?!

Every Sunday night I work for an organization called City Impact. Their mission is to share the transforming hope and love of Jesus Christ in urban neighborhoods through holistic youth and family programming and community investment. Sunday night is the Impact Leadership Academy where junior high and high school children from the urban neighborhood are empowered to live out their faith and make a positive impact in their community and in the world. I have the meek job of feeding them. I get to plan menus, shop, cook, feed and cleanup for all fifty of them. It is an interesting job. It is like my own little Sunday-night-world. For two and a half hours each Sunday night I am immersed into a culture I am normally not involved in.

Anyways, that is not even what I am here to talk about. It is my job, but my wonderful mother and two sisters volunteer and help me. We borrow the Baptist church downtown that is right across from the capitol. Downtown makes me nervous at night. Call me a wimp, but, well yeah, I am a wimp. Tonight I had reason to be scared; my mother entered her car, ready to go home, to find that someone has literally ripped out her radio and cd player! I got goosebumps when I saw the gaping black hole on her dash with wires hanging out!

Then I got angry! Maybe it is because I have Jesus as my conscience, but I have never understood why people steal. My mom had locked her car so obviously the stealer had to be smart to get in ( Ha this made me think of Truman and his skills, Jordan will know what I'm talking about:)). And then the stealer had to know how to detach a stereo from a car. These are not skills everyone knows. I want to track this person down and rack through his or her brain for his or her motive. I just cannot understand why people do certain things. Isn't your conscience screaming at you? We were born with the knowledge of what is right and wrong; no one had to teach us that. Of course, we had to be taught to do what is right, but we still knew the difference.

I'll stop rambling, but that has always been a soft area for me. There are certain things I cannot fathom why people do them. And it annoys the piss out of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment