Saturday, March 6, 2010

Is Ignorance Bliss?

Last night I watched, well started watching before I fell asleep, the documentary "tapped." It is about bottled water; the effects, the wastes, the lies, and more. As I watched I realized how much I do not know about issues this world has. I normally either ignore issues, thinking that it does not affect me or what I do is not a big deal in comparison to the entire world, or when I do hear about an issue I get appalled or disgusted, but my feelings is as involved as I get.

I think it is time to get to know this world a little bit better, and I have an idea in where I can start. My roommate Jordan is being a great example through my ignorance. She has opinions and she is trying to followup with actions. As you may already know she has a passion for sex-trafficking. She has some ideas and I am deciding now that I want to be involved. I do not want to steal her thunder so I will let her share when she wants to, but I think this is the perfect place to start.

1 comment: